Certified HIPAA Security Professional (CHSP) Training and Certification
Become a Certified HIPAA Security Professional in just 4 one-hour sessions!
This 4-Part web-based virtual classroom event is an instructor-led accelerated course. It will cover the course curriculum for the Certified HIPAA Security Professional (CHSP) program, which provides comprehensive training in HIPAA for Business Associates, IT Security, Practice Managers, and Medical Staff at the Compliance Officer level. This CHSP Certification meets all federal and industry regulatory requirements for Compliance Officer Certification .
This course will provide students with detailed lessons outlining all aspects of HIPAA compliance, including the Privacy and Security rules, regulatory changes brought by the HITECH Act and HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule of 2013, requirements for Business Associates, and more. There will also be abundant opportunities for messaging and chat lines with the course instructor. Materials are available for a full year from the date of purchase.
This event will be presented in four live 1-hour sessions
COMING IN FALL 2018 (SEE OTHER FORMATS AVAILABLE NOW BELOW)
If you are unable to attend the live classroom session, you will receive a link to the secure recorded event and login for all quizzes and exams.
- An Overview of HIPAA
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule
- The HIPAA Security Rule
- Business Associate Regulations
- The HITECH Act and Omnibus Final Rule
- HIPAA Data Breaches and Penalties
- HIPAA Audits and Enforcement
- HIPAA Policies, Procedures, Awareness, and Training
- Compliance with Multiple Regulations
- Security Responsibilities for IT Managers and Privacy Officers
- Applied HIPAA Security for Healthcare Professionals
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define common terms and specific rules with regard to HIPAA regulations and the relation to the HITECH Act
- Summarize the specific components of the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Summarize the specific components of the HIPAA Security Rule
- Define the roles and responsibilities of Business Associates and the necessity of a Business Associate Agreement
- Explain the relation of the HITECH Act and HIPAA and the penalties of data breach violations
- Define data breaches and associated penalties
- Identify notification requirements if a data breach occurs Describe enforcement policies to identify HIPAA violations
- Define HIPAA Policies vs. Procedures and the incorporation of an Awareness and Training program for staff members
- Review additional regulations for compliance that a practice must consider
- Describe the specific responsibilities of an IT Service Group to ensure HIPAA Compliance
- Address FAQ’s about HIPAA Security
- Demonstrate complete understanding of all concepts studied throughout the course to qualify for certification
Who should attend?
- Business Associates
- IT Security Professionals
- Medical Practice Managers
- Medical Staff and Providers at the Compliance Officer Level
How is this course accredited?
ACCREDITATION: Upon completion, physicians and PA’s (ACCME), nursing (ANCC), HIMSS and CHIME CE’s are available. Choose/Click one of the links below for detailed credit information.
*Each CHSP Certification Course license includes downloadable templates of a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement and a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement for Subcontractors
Other formats available:
- Instructor Led Recorded On Demand Webinars Learn More
- Self-Paced Online Training Learn More