Interviewing Skills For Managers
August 23, 2018 – Noon to 1:30 PM (EDT)
The skill of knowing what questions to ask, to whom, when, and how to ask them is a critical communication skill for professional success for people at all levels of an organization. Today more than ever, the concept of interviewing continues to expand with growing sophistication regarding many areas in the workplace and beyond. This webinar is designed to enhance participants’ understanding of communication principles within the context of various types of professional interviews far beyond the employment interview.
- An introduction to interviewing beyond the employment interview and the essential elements involved in both formal and informal professional interviews.
- Various types of professional interviews including informational, persuasive, and problem-solving types of interviews.
- The role of perception in the interviewing process.
- 6 types of questions used in interviewing and how to choose which is best for a variety of situations.
- The functions and techniques for the three major components of an interview.
- 10 Common interviewing pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- The verbal and nonverbal considerations related to interviewing so you can make sure your intended message is communicated clearly and with purpose.
Who should attend
- Managers and Supervisors
- Customer Service Professionals
- Team Leaders
- Sales Professionals
- Executive Management
- Small Business Owners
- Human Resource Professionals
- Everyone who interacts with people
Presenter – Felicia J. Slattery, M.A., M.Ad.Ed.
Communication expert, Felicia J. Slattery, M.A., M.Ad.Ed., is a #1 best-selling author of three books, an internationally-acclaimed, award-winning championship speaker, and has happy clients and customers in 22 countries around the world. Felicia Slattery has been featured in Success Magazine, Inc. Magazine, and on every major network in the US as well as on the BBC. This former adjunct professor of communication for the University of Illinois at Chicago and a half dozen other colleges and universities has run her own consultancy since 2006. Felicia Slattery works with leaders at all levels to help them connect with people on a human level, build relationships, and enjoy more effective communication professionally and personally.
Webinar Purchase Options
$189 Webinar Registration – Register Now
$259 Webinar Registration & Audio/Visual Recording – Register and Purchase Recording
$219 Audio/Visual Recording – Purchase Recording